Thursday, September 15, 2022

Brief Medical Update

Brief Medical Update (September 15, 2022):

I am doing mostly OK. I have been trying to get stronger, but I don't seem to be making much progress. I am still using a walker at home. My chest is still sore, swollen, and numb. It feels like I am either in a body cast or there is a wooden box within my chest. I haven't had bandages for months. I had quadruple coronary artery bypass surgery on March 9, 2022, and two chest surgeries on May 19, 2022 (removal of sternal plates due to a staph infection) and on May 25, 2022 (reconstructive). I was in a hospital and a physical-rehabilitation facility for a total of 70 days. I returned home on July 21, 2022, so I needed to adapt to being home. Below is the most recent composite photo I have constructed to show my healing progress. Be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today Is ...

September 19, 2024, at home When I was a kid in the 1960s and 1970s, I enjoyed Snack Pack butterscotch pudding, as well as Snack Pack chocol...