Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Vlogmas 2022: Day 14

December 14, 2022

Vlogmas 2022, Day 14: Roasting Chestnuts (Feb. 6 & Dec. 14, 2022)

Roasting Chestnuts, Feb. 6 & Dec. 14, 2022

Today is Roast Chestnuts Day, so I thought I would resurrect a video I created earlier this year of myself roasting chestnuts. I uploaded it onto my YouTube channel, but it hasn't received many views, so here it is again.

In Italy, roasted chestnuts are called Marroni, Caldarroste, and Castagne, among other names. In Austria, they are called Maroni. They really are quite delicious.

I grew up eating roasted chestnuts at my Italian grandparent's home in the 1960s and 1970s. I roast them in the oven every December. I do love eating them. I have also eaten them when I visited my Austrian cousins in Austria during wintertime. My wonderful wife recently purchased a generous bag of Italian chestnuts for me, but I am going to wait until we get closer to Christmas Day to roast them.

This is how l I roast chestnuts:

With a knife, make two cuts in the shape of a cross in each chestnut. Put the chestnuts in a pot of cold water on the stove. Boil them for a couple of minutes. Drain them. Arrange them on a sheet pan with their cut sides up. Roast in a 425-degrees F. oven for 15 to 20 minutes. Cool. Peel. Enjoy.

Vlogmas is a combination of vlog (video log) and Christmas. It's when YouTubers around the world upload a homemade Christmas video every day onto their YouTube channels throughout the month of December, either until and including Dec. 25 or Dec. 31. That means I will be uploading a new video onto my YouTube channel every day throughout December until and including Dec. 31, 2022, and then posting the link onto Facebook.

https://youtu.be/HUeRG__gfPA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today Is ...

September 19, 2024, at home When I was a kid in the 1960s and 1970s, I enjoyed Snack Pack butterscotch pudding, as well as Snack Pack chocol...