Thursday, February 9, 2023

The Beatles On Sullivan

February 9, 2023

It's the 49th Anniversary of The Beatles' first live appearance on The Ed Sullivan Show in 1964.

73 million people gathered in front their TV sets to see The Beatles' first live performance on U.S. soil. The television rating was a record-setting 45.3, meaning that 45.3 percent of households with televisions were watching. That figure reflected a total of 23,240,000 American homes. The crime rate during their performance noticeably declined.

I was almost three years old on that day. Later that summer, I would experience the Beatles movie "A Hard Day's Night" in a movie theater, which is my earliest childhood memory. (I am sure that I watched their first appearance on the Sullivan show on TV, but I don't think that I remember it.)

https://youtu.be/hNhBMqR_t7c

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today Is ...

September 20, 2024, at home If I am feeling mainstream, I'll go for a pepperoni pizza. If not, then I'll go for my favorite pizza to...