Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Caesar Salad & Ribs

July 4, 2023

I like Caesar salad WITH the usual mashed anchovies and, of course, with the obligatory "coddled" egg. When I was a kid in the 1960s and 1970s, at restaurants with my parents, my dad would always order the Caesar salad. During that time, it was high fashion at restaurants to make the dressing and construct the salad from scratch individually at each tableside. It was a relatively inexpensive indulgence. I do not think this is still a thing because one of the main ingredients is basically an almost raw egg, and contemporary food-safety laws may prohibit this practice.

July 4, 2023

I do like the occasional rib.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Today Is ...

September 19, 2024, at home When I was a kid in the 1960s and 1970s, I enjoyed Snack Pack butterscotch pudding, as well as Snack Pack chocol...