Thursday, February 8, 2024

Medical Procedure

February 8, 2024, Delray Medical Center

Well, folks. I'm still here at the hospital for shortness of breath and an infected right ankle and foot, so, of course, they found something else wrong with me. This one is something that I couldn't have predicted. After an X-ray and a CAT scan of my chest, it was determined that I have a "wire," a piece of a broken PICC line, stuck in a blood vessel in my chest. Today, I will have a procedure. They will insert a camera into my neck, leg, or arm to determine what's going on. If the wire is stuck, they will leave it there. If it is "free-flowing," they will remove it. A doctor this morning told me that it's not serious, but I beg to differ. (It was thought to be related to my quadruple coronary artery bypass surgery in 2022.)

UPDATE: My procedure will be scheduled for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today Is ...

September 20, 2024, at home If I am feeling mainstream, I'll go for a pepperoni pizza. If not, then I'll go for my favorite pizza to...