Saturday, December 25, 2021

A Video Christmas Greeting

Video: "O Holy Night" (piano & strings) with Christmas Greetings (not practiced, Dec. 24, 2021)

Happy Christmas !!!

Here I am at my mom's home, playing an abbreviated version of the song "O Holy Night" on my digital piano with Christmas greetings before and after the song. I decided to add strings to my usual solo piano setting to give the song a fuller sound. I didn't practice this song, plus I had difficulty seeing the sheet music, plus my health is rather poor, so, basically, I did the best that I could under the circumstances. (Notice that I am not wearing my eyeglasses and appear to be struggling to see.)

Whenever I play regular songs (not my piano improvisations), I play the written melody with my right hand and improvise using the chord progression with my left hand. I play the chords mostly as ascending arpeggios, but I also use block chords. I make it up as I go along, so, each time I play a song, it is always different, meaning: I am unable to play a song the same way twice. Whenever I play my usual piano improvisations, I make up the entire improv as I go along.

https://youtu.be/tXH_bYFHi_Y

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...