Sunday, February 27, 2022

Poem Submission

February 27, 2022 - I just submitted my recently self-penned poem "Quizzical Sojourns" for inclusion in Eber & Wein Publishing's upcoming anthology titled "Best Poets of 2021." The anthology will be published later this year (2022).

Below is a PDF (photo) that I just made to show you my submission. Let me know what you think of it. Normally, I would share my poem after it is published, but because I am expected to have coronary bypass surgery this week, I thought it best to share it with you now.

My poem will also compete in a contest, with a top prize of $2,000 and with more than $6,000 in other prizes. I have had two poems published with this company; hence, I am considered to be one of their "best poets."

My poem titled "That's Not What I Meant" appears in their 2021 anthology titled "Best Poets of 2020: Quarantine Edition, Volume 3." My poem titled "Startled Glances" appears in their 2010 anthology titled "Sunflowers and Seashells: Nature's Miles." I won one of the third-place awards for this poem.

I have had many of my poems published in anthologies, mostly in the 1990s. My poem "Somnolence" won one of the second-place awards in a poetry contest in 1997 with The National Library of Poetry and was published in their anthology that year.

As a (lifetime) performing member of The Port Jervis Poetry Society in upstate New York, I performed two of my original, self-penned poems on stage as part of one of our poetry, music, and art shows in February 1990; the show was later broadcast on public-access cable television.

By the way, I am in the preliminary stages of self-publishing a book of seventy-five of my poems. I have written more than 300 poems since 1986, so I need to pick my best and my favorite poems.

The tentative title of my book of poetry is "Quizzical Sojourns: Observations and Practices of a Self-Proclaimed Bohemian," which is currently the title of my personal blog. I wrote my poem not only for inclusion in the anthology but also for inclusion in my book.

I am also in the midst of writing an autobiographical novel set in the 1990s, specifically from 1992 to 1996, when I was a reporter/writer, editor, and researcher in New York City for an international weekly magazine on the chemical industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...