Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Singles Awareness Day

Today's (February 15, 2022) is Singles Awareness Day. National Singles Day is in September, but it is listed as celebrated on the 22nd, the 24th, or the 26th.

I was without female companionship from age 20 to age 40 and not by choice, so I have been quite intimate with the (good and bad) aspects of single life. (Please, no pity.)

During my lifetime, I was rejected hundreds and hundreds of times by women. This includes 414 rejections by women in a period of 18 months with a video dating service in the mid-1990s.

I was finally able to get married for the first and only time on February 4, 2006, which was 22 days before my 45th birthday. We recently celebrated our 16th wedding anniversary. Near the end of this year, on November 10, 2022, we will celebrate the 22nd anniversary of our first date.

I must say that it certainly was worth the long, difficult, heartaching, heartbreaking wait. My wife is absolutely terrific, and I am definitely blessed to have had her in my life for so many years. I think that being alone for such a long time has made me appreciate her even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...