Thursday, March 3, 2022

Heart Surgery Postponed

Morning, March 3, 2022 - My coronary artery bypass surgery (4 or 5 bypasses) has been postponed until 7:30 a.m., Tuesday, March 8, 2022, because my lungs aren't strong enough, as per my cardiothoracic surgeon and his assistant, and probably my cardiologist. My surgery was initially scheduled for tomorrow morning.

I will remain in the hospital and continue to receive lung medications (pill/inhaled) and to start exercising with a spirometer to strengthen my lungs. This will also give me a chance to get my weight slightly lower and to maintain low blood-glucose levels, according to my surgeon.

I arrived at the hospital in the morning of February 28, 2022, for tests of my heart, lungs, and blood. I have been tested every day since I arrived.

I will remain in the hospital until my surgery date. After my 5-hour-long surgery is complete, if all goes well, I will be in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) for 3 to 5 days, and then return home after a total of 7 days, give or take. Full recovery takes 3 months, which includes physical therapy.

GOOD NEWS !!! ANOTHER CHANGE OF PLANS !!!

Thursday, March 3, 2022: My cardiothoracic surgeon and his assistant just came to my hospital room to tell me that I am being discharged today because my preoperative tests (heart, lungs, blood) have been completed. I have to return to the hospital at 6 a.m. on Tuesday, March 8, 2022, for coronary artery bypass surgery (4 or 5 bypasses). While I am home, I need to strengthen my lungs by continuing my prescription medications and by starting lung exercises using a spirometer. (I have been in the hospital since the morning of February 28, 2022, and have been tested every day since then.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...