Monday, March 28, 2022

Today's Activities

Activities at home today (March 28, 2022) in regard to my quadruple coronary artery bypass surgery on March 9, 2022:

1. Physical Therapy: walking with walker; legs and core (relatively rigorous)
2. Nurse: change of bandages (minor sore on my buttocks from seven hours on the operating table, plus from hospital bed) ... I no longer require a bandage on the two horizontal incisions in my belly from previously installed chest drains and epicardial pacing wires attached directly to my heart; bandage on my face (abrasion on left cheek from surgery) recently no longer required; also, no bandages have been required on my vertical chest incision (now 19 cm/about 7.5 inches long) and the wound near my left knee (from removal of vein for bypasses) ... Blood Pressure: 112/70
3. Prescriptions: many pills, plus usual insulin injection, inhaled medications & nasal spray
4. Nutrition: Juven: "Therapeutic Nutrition Powder For Wound Healing" (orange-flavored, powdered drink mix with amino acids, collagen protein, vitamins, and minerals)
5. Lung Exercises: using incentive spirometers (breathing in/blowing out through devices) to strengthen my lungs and prevent pneumonia

6. Overall Wound Healing: doing well
7. Pain Level: constant, moderately severe, but less than usual
8. Mental Attitude: neutral to slightly disheartened

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...