Thursday, March 24, 2022

Today's National Days

When I attended Villanova University (near Philadelphia) from August 1980 to December 1984, emerging with a bachelor's degree in communications with a French language minor, every Saturday for lunch in the cafeteria, we were served Philly Cheesesteak sandwiches: Steak-umms (sliced beef), sautéed onions, and Cheez Whiz on a hoagie roll ... NO green bell peppers. Also, on various visits to Philadelphia, my friends and I would often go to Pat's King of Steaks, which we preferred to rival Geno's Steaks.

I took longer than four years to complete my bachelor's degree because of a severe change in major. I spent my first two-and-a-half years at 'Nova in the pre-med program, which was euphemistically called BSG (bachelor of science-general). I would later earn a master's degree in journalism from the University of Missouri in Columbia, graduating in May 1988.

My favorite alcoholic beverage is Campari and orange juice.

My father liked chocolate-covered raisins. I never liked them, and I never will (like them).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...