Sunday, July 24, 2022

Wife's Welcome-Home Dinner

July 24, 2022

My wonderful wife made this delicious, welcome-home dinner for me this late afternoon into early evening: pork tenderloin with roasted vegetables (carrots, potatoes, onions, minced garlic), dusted with ground black pepper, and served with gravy and green peas. I wholeheartedly thank her.

I arrived home during the afternoon of July 21, 2022, after a total of SEVENTY (70) DAYS in a hospital and a physical-rehabilitation facility.

(The following is a repeat of my background, medical information.)

Prior to arriving at my physical-rehabilitation facility on June 3, 2022, I was in the hospital since May 13, 2022, when my wife brought me to the emergency room when I was experiencing severe chest pain. While at the hospital, I would then endure and recover from two (more) surgeries.

I had quadruple coronary artery bypass surgery on March 9, 2022, but I required two plastic-reconstructive surgeries within and on my chest in May 2022.

For my surgery on May 19, 2022, my plastic-reconstructive surgeon removed metal sternal plates from within my chest due to a staph infection. These plates were installed during my initial open-heart surgery and were not replaced due to my chest infection.

For my surgery on May 25, 2022, my plastic-reconstructive surgeon cleaned out the remaining infection from within my chest. He then partially closed my chest by first clipping off the tips of my ribs and then by reattaching my chest muscle flaps to my body.

My surgeon used seven spaced-out sutures to close the eight-inch-long, vertical incision in my chest initiated by my seven-hour-long, open-heart surgery and made worse by my two subsequent surgeries, leaving me with eight deep holes in my chest to heal.

On June 20, 2022, my sutures were removed. On July 11, 2022, I no longer required a bandage on my chest.

While my wounds have closed, I still require many more months to fully heal and to regain my strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...