Friday, August 19, 2022

Memorization

August 19, 2022

Post something below that you had to memorize when you were in high school, at university, or for work.

In high school, I had to memorize the Periodic Table of The Elements for a course in chemistry. (See below.)

Also in high school, I had to memorize the following excerpt from "Hamlet" for a course in English literature.

Speak the speech, I pray you, as I pronounced it to

you, trippingly on the tongue: but if you mouth it,

as many of your players do, I had as lief the

town-crier spoke my lines. Nor do not saw the air

too much with your hand, thus, but use all gently;

for in the very torrent, tempest, and, as I may say,

the whirlwind of passion, you must acquire and beget

a temperance that may give it smoothness. O, it

offends me to the soul to hear a robustious

periwig-pated fellow tear a passion to tatters, to

very rags, to split the ears of the groundlings, who

for the most part are capable of nothing but

inexplicable dumbshows and noise: I would have such

a fellow whipped for o'erdoing Termagant; it

out-herods Herod: pray you, avoid it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...