Wednesday, August 17, 2022

R.I.P. Cousin Gabe

August 17, 2022

I am deeply saddenned by the passing of my dear cousin Gabe Cocchiola early this morning. If you have ever been to Stango's restaurant in Glen Cove, Long Island, New York, you may have seen him there working. His parents Gabe and Stella owned and operated Stango's, which is the oldest Italian restaurant on Long Island, established in 1919. His brother John worked as a bartender there. Their sister Joy, an actress, is married to the actor Stuart Pankin. I will sorely miss Gabe. He was a quite memorable part of my childhood in the 1960s and 1970s. He was 82 when he passed away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...