Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Morning Routine

September 20, 2022

My breakfast this morning: no-added-sugar lemon yogurt; a piece of quiche (my wife made two quiches this morning: ham, onion, Swiss cheese); coffee with vanilla soy milk creamer (containing sugar); and the first of two daily 37-unit injections of long-acting insulin into my belly fat (morning and evening). I typically have a banana, but I ate one last night, and I want to use one in a protein shake later.

I use my blood-glucose meter (in the bag at left) every morning to alternately prick my fingers to see if I require the addition of a different type of insulin (fast acting-immediate acting combination). My level was a little high this morning (165 mg/dL) because I skipped last evening's regular injection. Still, it's not really high enough to require an additional injection of the fast-immediate insulin. Maybe it is, slightly, but nonetheless, I am going to skip it, considering technically I am not sure if I still require it. I have it around in case my blood-glucose level spikes.

(Morning Pills: prescription diuretic pill; prescription prostate pill ... I eat bananas because the diuretic lowers my potassium levels.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...