Thursday, September 8, 2022

School Pictures: Part 2

September 8, 2022

Today is National School Picture Day and also Throwback Thursday.

Here I am at age 7 years old in September 1968 with my second-grade class in Babylon, Long Island, New York. Can you find me? Hints: I am in the back row, wearing a dark blue suit, and I am the only kid not looking directly at the camera.

I had crushes on two girls in my class: Cindy (front row, second from left, wearing the black-and-white print dress) and Sandy (front row, fourth from left, wearing the white-and-reddish dress). 

The sideways look on my face is what my family and I called "The Buckwheat Look." It was named after the character from the Our Gang (also known as The Little Rascals or Hal Roach's Rascals) short films that were produced from 1922 to 1944.

Here is a link that shows Buckwheat's famous look.

https://youtu.be/_72ueJONgJ8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Taste Test Video: Ka'chava

September 21, 2024, at home Taste Test: Ka'chava Shake Powder (Sept. 21, 2024) I created and uploaded a video onto my YouTube channel: ...