Thursday, September 29, 2022

Throwback Thursday: WWN

September 29, 2022

Throwback Thursday: I appeared in the April 4, 2005, issue of Weekly World News, which, as you may know, is a parody magazine ... or are the stories actually true? Here, for your enjoyment, are two scans of the story and photo, and a close-up of the photo of myself, so that you can see my wild hair and the weird expression on my face. I was a limbless man who worked as a table centerpiece for dinner parties. I was paid $25 for the appearance of just my face/head in the magazine.

From 2002 to 2011, I was a copy editor and page designer for the supermarket tabloids headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida, specifically Star magazine, until it moved to New York City, and then Globe magazine and National Examiner magazine at the same time. I even had the good fortune to have worked one day as a copy editor with National Enquirer magazine, when a staff member was on vacation.

I made extra money with the company by proofreading two full-length biographies (Johnny Cash and Whitney Houston), and editing and designing two special issues: a tribute magazine on the life and death of Michael Jackson in 2009, and a tribute magazine about famous people who had died during that same year.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...