Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Top 5 Rudest Cities

September 13, 2022

Here are the Top 5 rudest cities in the United States and my experiences with those cities:

1. Philadelphia has been at the top of the rude list many times. Long ago, there were television commercials with Bill Cosby professing how friendly Philly is. (He attended Temple University in Philly.) I attended Villanova University which is a 30-minute train ride to Philly, so I have spent some time there. The people weren't all that rude, but weren't all that friendly, either.

2. I have never been to Memphis, so I don't know.

3. Ah, New York City. I grew up on Long Island, New York, about a 45-minute train ride to New York City, so I visited there quite often with my parents and with friends and family members. Plus, I worked in New York City from 1991 to 1998. I never found New Yorkers to be rude, just busy.

4. I was in Las Vegas only once for four days on a business trip, so I never really experienced the tourist aspect, except for five hours during one evening with my friend Bryan. I encountered one rude man who seemed inebriated on Fremont Street.

5. I broke up with my first of only two girlfriends on a snowy weekend visit in Boston in February 1982. I met my other girlfriend in November 2000 and married her in February 2006. That certainly was a long romantic dry spell. I don't have much else to say, except that it's possible that Boston is near the top of the rude list because of its high volume of Democrats.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today Is ...

September 20, 2024, at home If I am feeling mainstream, I'll go for a pepperoni pizza. If not, then I'll go for my favorite pizza to...