Sunday, October 30, 2022

Email Letter To Verena

Hallo. Wie geht's? My wife Debbie is working hard from home, and I am still recovering from my three surgeries this year. We hope that you, Andy, and your family are doing better than well.

I had to send you this message: Today (Oktober 30, 2022) is the 25th anniversary of when we attended Rainhard Fendrich's concert at the Stadthalle in Vienna. Here is a link to a video of a song from that concert tour.

https://youtu.be/zNOLTImfadc

I still often listen to Fendrich's music. I am a huge fan. I still listen to many of his vinyl albums on my turntable. I have 47 (yes, forty-seven) of Fendrich's CDs, which includes duplicates of two of those CDs and one interview CD.

I also have a videotape and several DVDs of his concerts and music videos; a photo calendar from 1987; a hardcover biography written in German; and two of his autographs, even though I have never met him. Also, at one time, I was the only non-European member of his official fan club. I lost that title when a man from Japan joined the club.

***

I am still feeling quite weak in regard to my quadruple coronary artery bypass surgery on March 9, 2022, and my two reconstructive chest surgeries on May 19 and 25, 2022. I still require the use of a metal walker for support.

I was in a hospital and at a physical-rehabilitation facility for a total of SEVENTY (70) DAYS (May 13-July 21, 2022). My wife and my mother are still taking good care of me.

I am expecting to be mostly healed one year from the day of my third surgery, so my healing should be mostly completed by May 25, 2023. My chest is still sore, swollen, and numb, even after the many months following my last surgery.

Here is a composite photo that I made to show you my healing.

Be well, and keep in touch.

Tschüß und Servus,
Billy Santos

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...