Friday, October 21, 2022

Today Is ...

October 21, 2022

When I was a kid sometime between 1972 to 1974 and sometime between the ages of 11 and 13, I had pet chameleons in a terrarium. At one point, they weren't eating their regular food (live mealworms) for weeks, so I caught a bunch of monarch butterflies and put them in with the chameleons. Nothing happened. My dad suggested that I give my chameleons to my dear friend David who lived several houses down the street, which I did. I think my dad just wanted them out of the house ... or maybe it was mom. I'll have to ask her. Months later, I found out from a book in a pet shop that chameleons sometimes go weeks without eating. LOL ... (In the comment section below is an online photo of the type of chameleon I had as pets. The reptile in the main photo is also considered to be a chameleon.)

I like Witch Hazel: the scented astringent and the Warner Bros. cartoon character. She's the green-skinned witch that Bugs Bunny encounters. For a short time, I splashed witch hazel on my face after shaving my face. It burned, but then softened. I soon switched to bay rum, which still burned and softened my face, but it smelled better. (See the comment section below for a picture of witch hazel, Witch Hazel, and bay rum.)

I am not a huge fan of cheesecake, but I will occasionally eat it. I do like my mom's famous pumpkin cake. I like pumpkin pie at Christmas, but never, EVER at Thanksgiving.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Today Is ...

September 19, 2024, at home When I was a kid in the 1960s and 1970s, I enjoyed Snack Pack butterscotch pudding, as well as Snack Pack chocol...