Wednesday, November 30, 2022

End Of Movember

November 30, 2022, last day of November

I have again grown a moustache for "Movember," but due to my continued weakness from three recent surgeries, this year, I didn't have the strength to regularly shave my beard. The plan is for me to shave my beard tomorrow, leaving the moustache, which I started growing on November 1, 2022. While I am technically supposed to be clean shaven after November ends, I typically keep my moustache for at least a few weeks longer.

Movember is an annual, month-long event when men around the world grow moustaches throughout the month of November to raise awareness of and to raise funds to combat cancers that afflict men (prostate, testicular, penile); men's suicide prevention; and men's overall physical and mental health. Massive amounts of money are raised worldwide every year through fundraisers, with the United States, Canada, Australia, and India typically raising the most money. European countries also do well with raising funds.

I have participated many times since its start in 2003 in an effort to strengthen us males and maybe influence governments around the world to pay at least a little attention to men's health.

Of course, the name "Movember" is a combination of "moustache" and "November." Men start clean shaven on November 1 (every year) and grow their "stashes" throughout this month, so if you notice more guys with moustaches during your travels, that's why. There is also something called "No-Shave November," when men don't shave at all during this month, so you may see more beards than usual, too. Many women also don't shave during November in support of us guys. (no joke)

For more information, here is the link to one of the many Movember websites.

https://us.movember.com/

UPDATE: December 1, 2022: It is not going to happen today. I still don't have enough strength to shave. I will let you know when it happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...