Tuesday, November 1, 2022

National Author's Day

Today (November 1, 2022) is National Author's Day. I consider myself to be an author, so I will not only receive that honor, but also express that honor to all authors, especially to those authors with whom I have had the distinct pleasure of encountering, both personally and professionally.

I was a journalist from 1982 to 2017, so I have had thousands of articles published in newspapers, magazines, newsletters, on a wire service, and on news websites. I thought it was hundreds, but it really is thousands. When I wrote for the wire service for about a year, I was required to write 13 to 16 articles EVERY DAY on commodities trading, covering five markets in real time, plus I was required to write a feature story every week. That adds up.

Since 1986, I have written more than three hundred poems, many of which have been published in many anthologies. I am still in the preliminary stages of self-publishing a book of my poetry. Also, I am writing an autobiographical novel, although I haven't touched my computer's keyboard in that regard in many months. I guess it's time to get remotivated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today Is ...

September 19, 2024, at home When I was a kid in the 1960s and 1970s, I enjoyed Snack Pack butterscotch pudding, as well as Snack Pack chocol...