Wednesday, November 2, 2022

"The Lost Mitt"

November 2, 2022

Here is a prose poem that I just wrote in several minutes late this evening:

"The Lost Mitt" by William Santos

This is something of which I just thought that will keep me awake deep in thought through the night:

It's been said that after you die, you get everything back that you lost. So, say that I think that I lost my baseball mitt, but actually someone stole it from me, and then the thief lost the mitt, and we both die. Who gets the mitt?

Actually, I really did lose my baseball mitt at prep school during the 1979-1980 school year, when I was 18 or 19 years old, and I think that it may have been stolen. That was the mitt I used throughout my childhood, so I am still heartbroken. I still miss that mitt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today Is ...

September 20, 2024, at home If I am feeling mainstream, I'll go for a pepperoni pizza. If not, then I'll go for my favorite pizza to...