Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Voting Absentee

November 1, 2022

Here I am completing my absentee ballot for the 2022 election here in Florida. For inspiration, luck, and pomposity, I wore my VOTE MALE T-shirt that I purchased in the early 1990s, when I became a Men's Rights Activist, when I was in my early 30s. (This T-shirt has the VOTE MALE logo kind of small on the front and absolutely huge on the back.)

I voted in my usual way: straight Republican. That, of course, means I voted for Ron DeSantis for governor and Marco Rubio for senator. There are, of course, other lower-level political races.

It was a tough call for the position of Palm Beach Soil and Water Conservation District Group 5. No party affiliations were listed, and I don't know either of the two women running for this position. I voted for Eva Webb over Shari Portnoy because Webb looks more rugged and Portnoy is a registered and licensed dietitian.

I tried to find out online if either was an incumbent, but I couldn't find my answer. I was going to vote like my father always did, but just on this one race. My dad was basically a Republican, but he liked to vote AGAINST all of the incumbents because he thought it would drastically slow the governmental process.

I also always vote for male justices and judges to retain their positions and female justices and judges to NOT retain their positions, as per my Men's Rights Activism. It's strictly symbolic because most everyone votes for all of these judicial people, men and women, to retain their positions or not vote at all in this regard. However, there could be a couple of radical feminists out there, somewhere in The Everglades, who want all of the MEN to be thrown out of office. I like to think that my vote may be canceling one of their votes. Anyway, I just don't want to vote for anyone or anything liberal.

I always am delighted to vote AGAINST Lois Frankel for representative every election. Obviously, I voted for Republican Dan Franzese.

As for voting for the three constitutional amendments and the two "questions" ... or, more accurately, voting for the government to consider looking at the possibility of doing something, I voted:

Constitutional Amendments:

1. Yes to propose the prohibition of the assessed value of residential property to include anything added to the property's resistance to flood damage. This sounds good to me. I think.

2. Yes to proposing to abolish the Constitution Revision Commission that meets once every 20 YEARS, with the next meeting scheduled for 2037. Getting rid of this commission will definitely help to streamline government. (a joke)

3. Yes to proposing the exemption of an additional homestead property tax for first responders and military personnel. Sure. Why not?

Questions:

1. Yes to (apparently) keeping bonds to a maximum of $200 million in regard to increasing the workforce and building affordable housing. I voted yes because it sounds helpful without the government spending much money.

2. Yes to more money for schools. Yeah, OK.

Wow. All yeses. There must be something wrong with me. 😆 LOL

Many thanks go to the government of Florida for covering the postage on the 2022 absentee ballots. In 2020 and before, we all had to pay for stamps. Also, the Florida ballots now have those small SAT ovals to fill in instead of having to draw a bar of black ink between two brackets.

(Note: My wife completed her absentee ballot at the same time.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today Is ...

September 19, 2024, at home When I was a kid in the 1960s and 1970s, I enjoyed Snack Pack butterscotch pudding, as well as Snack Pack chocol...