Sunday, December 25, 2022

Pumpkin Pie On Christmas

December 25, 2022

Many thanks go to my wonderful wife for creating and baking for me this homemade pumpkin pie drizzled with honey. Since the late 1960s, my personal tradition forbids me from eating pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving Day. I must eat it on Christmas Day or close to it. Why? Pumpkin pie is mentioned in the song "Sleigh Ride," which I considered to be a Christmas song since my age was in single digits. As an adult, I realized that in reality it really isn't a Christmas song. Anyway, now at age 61, I continue to follow my childhood tradition. Also, today is National Pumpkin Pie Day, so my personal tradition is in line with general tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...