Thursday, December 1, 2022

Throwback Thursday: Forum

December 1, 2022

Throwback Thursday: Here I am seated at my former desk on my last day as an Assistant Editor on the Universal Desk of Forum Publishing Group (Sun Sentinel, Tribune Publishing) in Tamarac, Florida, on November 25, 2015, which was the day before Thanksgiving. I was an editor, writer, photographer, and page designer for five weekly community newspapers in southeastern Florida.

Hundreds of Tribune employees across the United States got canned that year.

I am wearing all black in honor of the occasion. I am growing a moustache in honor of "Movember," an annual international event during the month of November, when men around the world grow moustaches to raise awareness of cancers that afflict only men; male suicide prevention; and men's mental health.

(Many thanks go to my friend/former co-worker Emily for taking this photo.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today Is ...

September 19, 2024, at home When I was a kid in the 1960s and 1970s, I enjoyed Snack Pack butterscotch pudding, as well as Snack Pack chocol...