Friday, December 2, 2022

Vlogmas 2022: Day 2

December 2, 2022

Vlogmas 2022, Day 2: Reciting My Poem (Dec. 2, 2022)

Reciting one of my many self-penned, published poems ... Title: "Somnolence" (which means sleepwalking), Dec. 2, 2022

This poem, which is copyrighted, was published in a national anthology titled "Best Poems of 1997" by The National Library of Poetry in 1997. It won one of 10 second-place honors out of thousands of entries nationwide, maybe worldwide, in this particular poetry contest. I have also won a third-place honor in a different contest.

I have written more than 300 poems since 1986, many of which have been published in national anthologies, mostly in the 1990s,  but also in 2010, 2021, and 2022 (pending).

I am in the preliminary stages of self-publishing a book of my favorite self-penned poems. I am also writing an autobiographical novel.

As an aside, I am a lifetime Performing Member of The Poet Jervis Poetry Society in Poet Jervis, New York. In February 1990, I performed (acted) two of my poems on stage at our televised anniversary show. I moved to a different town shortly after this show, so I never performed poetry on stage again.

Vlogmas is a combination of vlog (video log) and Christmas. It's when YouTubers around the world upload a homemade Christmas video every day onto their YouTube channels throughout the month of December, either until and including Dec. 25 or Dec. 31. That means I will be uploading a new video onto my YouTube channel every day throughout December until and including Dec. 31, 2022, and then posting the link onto Facebook.

https://youtu.be/AZChJ_ZrPp4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today Is ...

September 19, 2024, at home When I was a kid in the 1960s and 1970s, I enjoyed Snack Pack butterscotch pudding, as well as Snack Pack chocol...