Sunday, December 25, 2022

Vlogmas 2022: Day 25

December 25, 2022

Vlogmas 2022, Day 25: Our Christmas Eve Celebration (Dec. 25, 2022)

Our Christmas Eve Celebration, Dec. 25, 2022

Happy Christmas !!! Today's video is about our Christmas Eve celebration yesterday. I describe the food, the festivities, and the special gifts.

My wife and I were at my mom's nearby home for a homemade Italian dinner and festivities yesterday afternoon into early evening. I played a little piano (two Christmas songs), plus my usual Christmastime piano improvisation, which I recorded and uploaded onto my YouTube channel yesterday as my Day 24 video of my Vlogmas 2022.

The best Christmas present that I received yesterday evening is a family heirloom from my mother: an electric mixer that belonged to her mother-in-law. My paternal grandmother whom I called "Nana" used this Dormeyer "Dormey" Model 7500 hand mixer from the 1930s until 1977, when she passed away. My mother inherited it and has been using it since then. I am quite happy to have it now. I was born in 1961, so I vividly remember both Nana and my mom using it quite often.

In addition to the delicious dinner and the mixer, many thanks also go to my terrific mother for the gift of tripods with Bluetooth remote controls for my cell phone to enable me to create better-looking videos for my YouTube channel. This is the second video I recorded using a tripod. The first was yesterday's piano improv video.

Many thanks go to my wonderful wife for all of her recent baking, for her gifts to me, and for cooking a delicious Christmas Day dinner (pot roast with onions, roasted potatoes, roasted carrots, and green beans with roasted garlic and slivered almonds).

Vlogmas is a combination of vlog (video log) and Christmas. It's when YouTubers around the world upload a homemade Christmas video every day onto their YouTube channels throughout the month of December, either until and including Dec. 25 or Dec. 31. That means I will be uploading a new video onto my YouTube channel every day throughout December until and including Dec. 31, 2022, and then posting the links onto Facebook.

https://youtu.be/f_y2aqj_KlQ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...