Monday, January 9, 2023

Fendrich CDs Arrived

January 9, 2023

Just Delivered To My Home: two (more) Rainhard Fendrich CDs

Since the early 1980s, my favorite pop singer-guitarist-songwriter has been Rainhard Fendrich (from Austria).

I had 47 (yes, forty-seven) of his CDs (46 music CDs and one interview CD). This includes duplicates of two of those CDs. Two more of his CDs, as Christmas presents from my mother, were just delivered to me, so now I have 49 Fendrich CDs. The titles of my new CDs are "Schwarzoderweiss" (2016) and "Starkregen" (2019). I purchased them online from an online store in Germany (jpc.de).

I became a fan of Fendrich in 1983 while visiting many of my Austrian cousins in the western Austrian province of Vorarlberg. Fendrich released his first album in 1980, so I have been a fan since close to the start of his career. He is still releasing albums and performing concerts.

Fendrich sings all of his songs in the German language, with his earliest albums from the early to mid-1980s sung in the Viennese (Austrian) dialect of German. As he became popular, he wrote his songs using "high" German, which is the "textbook" version of the language.

I also have many vinyl record (LP) albums from the 1980s, which I purchased on multiple trips to Austria to visit my many Austrian cousins and to go skiing in the Austrian Alps with several of them; several of his DVDs and videotapes; and two of his autographs, even though I have never met him. I also have a hardcover biography written in German and a photo calendar of him from 1987.

I attended a Fendrich concert at the Stadthalle (arena) in Vienna, Austria, on October 30, 1997, with one of my many Austrian cousins, her husband, and more than 16,000 other fans. Also, at one time, I was the only non-European member of his official fan club. I lost that title when a man from Japan joined the club.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today Is ...

September 20, 2024, at home If I am feeling mainstream, I'll go for a pepperoni pizza. If not, then I'll go for my favorite pizza to...