Sunday, January 8, 2023

Today Is ...

January 8, 2023

I do like chocolate-covered toffee, especially the Skor candy bar. When I often went Alpine skiing in my younger days, I always carried a Skor bar in the pocket of my ski jacket.

January 8, 2023

My typing teacher in high school in the late 1970s (Mr. Cresson) was good friends with my father, so Dad told him to be especially rough on me. I don't know if he was purposely rough on me or if he was just a good teacher. I'm glad he was because I eventually became a journalist. I was a journalist from 1982 to 2017, so typing has served me well, especially with one particular job in the mid-1990s: I was writing 13 to 16 articles every day in the New York City bureau of a financial wire service about commodities trading.

January 8, 2023

I have liked to wear argyle socks since the mid-1980s.

January 8, 2023

We Italians certainly know about this.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Today Is ...

September 20, 2024, at home If I am feeling mainstream, I'll go for a pepperoni pizza. If not, then I'll go for my favorite pizza to...