Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Chemicals & Fettuccine

February 7, 2023

My interest in chemicals began with my chemistry set when I was a young kid in the 1960s. I studied chemistry in high school and also at university while studying pre-med subjects. My plan was to become a medical researcher or a bench chemist. I ultimately became a journalist.

However, I was able to use my knowledge of chemicals when I became an editor, writer, and eventual researcher for "Chemical Marketing Reporter," a weekly international magazine on the financial and technical aspects of the chemical industry based in New York City. I worked there from 1992 to 1996. To brag a little, my articles were cited in U.S. govermental reports (EPA and USDA) and in a student's doctoral thesis.

While there, I sent a copy of our magazine to my former university chemistry teacher from the early 1980s to let him know that I was still interested in this subject and that chemistry was basically my profession life at that time. He wrote back, thanking me. He told me that a teacher usually doesn't know how far his influence on his students will go.

February 7, 2023

I sometimes like fettuccine alfredo, but, technically, it isn't Italian.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Today Is ...

September 20, 2024, at home If I am feeling mainstream, I'll go for a pepperoni pizza. If not, then I'll go for my favorite pizza to...