Thursday, February 2, 2023

NO MA'AM

February 2, 2023, Throwback Thursday

On Halloween (October 31) in 2018, my wife and I visited my mother at her home. We brought her six Halloween cupcakes, two bags of ghost-shaped marshmallows, and three small bags of candy corn.

Here I am in my mom's living room. As a last-minute Halloween costume, I put on my NO MA'AM T-shirt that I purchased in the mid-1990s. I am Al Bundy from the popular TV sitcom series "Married ... with Children" (11 seasons, 259 episodes, 1987-1997). The fictitious group to which Al and his friends belong stands for the National Organization of Men Against Amazonian Masterhood, which is printed on the back of my T-shirt. As you can see, NO MA'AM and the organization's logo are printed on the front of my T-shirt. Also shown in this composite photo I created are the front and back of the T-shirt and Al Bundy wearing the shirt on an episode of the show.

I have been a Men's Rights Activist since the early 1990s, when I was in my early 30s. During the 1990s, I was a card-carrying, dues-paying member of the National Organization for Men, a REAL advocacy group for men. During that time, I was also the president and only member of the Elmwood Park, New Jersey, Chapter of the Order of the Manly Men, a fictitious, humorous group. You just send a bit of money to a novelty company, and you receive a T-shirt, a coffee mug, and a certificate establishing you as the president of the chapter of the town where you live. That was just a joke (for laughs), but the National Organization for Men was 100-percent REAL.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today Is ...

September 19, 2024, at home When I was a kid in the 1960s and 1970s, I enjoyed Snack Pack butterscotch pudding, as well as Snack Pack chocol...