Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Medical Update

March 28, 2023

My cardiologist told me (yesterday) that the results of my four-hour-long (cardiac) stress test yesterday are good: no problems with my four bypasses. I have an echocardiogram scheduled for today. I have already had four EKGs, a chest X-ray, and a CT angio scan, all with favorable results.

I entered the hospital during the evening of March 25, 2023, with shortness of breath; severe muscle spasms throughout my body; possible gall bladder spasms due to gall stones; and the discovery of cellulitis (infection) in my right leg due to a diabetic ulcer in my right foot. I guess my cardiologist took this opportunity to run a battery of cardiac diagnostics on me. I have also been tested in regard to these other medical issues while here at the hospital.

Last year, I endured three surgeries: quadruple coronary artery bypass surgery in March 2022, and then two reconstructive chest surgeries in May 2022 for the removal of loose sternal plates and a staph infection within my chest. During that time period, I was informed that I have gallstones.


UPDATE: My cardiologist was just here in my hospital room. He decided that instead of waiting, I should do the echocardiogram outpatient and then schedule an appointment with him for three to four weeks from now. So, I am heading home today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...