Thursday, March 9, 2023

Video: Heart Surgery

March 9, 2023, First Anniversary of My Open-Heart Surgery

I created and then uploaded this video titled Open-Heart Surgery: 1st Anniversary (March 9, 2023) onto my YouTube channel.

In this video, I celebrate life and give thanks to my family members and to my friends, and for the strength I have slowly regained, on the first anniversary of my quadruple coronary artery bypass surgery.

Besides my open-heart surgery, I would then have two reconstructive chest surgeries two months later:

On May 19, 2022, a different surgeon removed metal sternal plates because the screws became loose, plus he tended to a staph infection within my chest. The plates were holding my breastbone together, purposely broken for my heart surgery.

On May 25, 2022, a third surgeon closed my chest. He clipped off the tips of my ribs and reattached my chest muscle flaps to my body. He affixed seven sutures which left me with eight holes in my chest from my lower neck to my upper belly.

At the end of the video, I show a photo of myself in the Intensive Care Unit the day after my open-heart surgery, and a composite photo of my chest wound on three various days. There is a 10-second warning before the photos appear. If you do not wish to see them, turn off the video during this time.

https://youtu.be/a_iwc7TGres

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today Is ...

September 20, 2024, at home If I am feeling mainstream, I'll go for a pepperoni pizza. If not, then I'll go for my favorite pizza to...