Saturday, March 11, 2023

What's Going On Today?

March 11, 2023

I moved to southeastern Florida in May 1998. Shortly after that, I got a job as a part-time, light hardware salesman at Sears while searching for a job in my profession (journalism). It was my first sales job. I thought that I possessed some knowledge in that area because one of my many jobs had been writing about home improvement and home building for weekly newsletters in New York City. That didn't help me. I worked at Sears for more than five years. During that time, I secured a job as a full-time newspaper editor for a chain of weekly newspapers, but I decided to remain at Sears. A few days every week, I worked 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. as an editor, and then 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. as a salesman. I ultimately left Sears due to scheduling conflicts and tiredness. What happened was: I got a better job as a full-time editor in the sports department of a daily newspaper. I now had different working hours, 4 p.m. to 2 a.m., so I had to quit Sears.

(I am also a fan of the 1990s sitcom "Home Improvement.")

March 11, 2023

I like apples in all forms, except raw. I like apple cider, apple juice, apple sauce, baked apples, apple strudel, apple pie, apple crumb cake, apple crisp, apple butter, apple rugelach, Apple Jacks cereal, even dried apples, but give me a raw apple, and I will see how far I can throw it. It's probably because I hate the texture of a raw apple, and it's definitely because I absolutely HATE that "CRUNCH" sound when eating it. It's like fingernails on a chalkboard. So, if you eat an apple near me, don't be offended when I run away. LOL ... I do like eating raw pears. Go figure.

My favorite apple is the Granny Smith because it is sour and more importantly, it adorns many Beatles records.

March 11, 2023

I have never eaten oatmeal nut waffles.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Today Is ...

September 20, 2024, at home If I am feeling mainstream, I'll go for a pepperoni pizza. If not, then I'll go for my favorite pizza to...