Monday, April 24, 2023

Hospital: Revisited (Video)

April 24, 2023, evening, Day 4, Boca Raton Regional Hospital, Boca Raton, Florida

I created and uploaded another video onto my YouTube channel.

Hospital: Revisited (April 24, 2023)

https://youtu.be/Qh210Ycc-bg

I am back in the hospital yet again, as per my podiatrist. My wife drove me to the Emergency Room at Boca Raton Regional Hospital in Boca Raton, Florida, on April 21, 2023. I was admitted that day with a severe, painful cellulitis infection in my right foot/ankle/leg.

I recently fell twice, so I thought that I had broken the two bones in my right ankle. X-rays at home proved otherwise. Apparently, it was just a sprain.

Since arriving, I have been receiving constant infusions of intravenous antibiotics at varying strengths and types. I have had a CT scan and an MRI of my right foot/ankle to determine if I have osteomyelitis (bone infection). I am awaiting the results.

I continue to receive many antibiotic infusions for my cellulitis; pain medications; insulin maintenance; and nebulizer treatments and supplemental oxygen for my asthma/shortness of breath.

My podiatrist told me that the infusions have been successful, but I require many more infusions.

I have been hospitalized many times during recent years with cellulitis infections in both of my legs, separately, due to lingering diabetic ulcers.

I have also had four surgeries on my left foot: one to remove a decayed bone due to osteomyelitis; two to remove bone fragments due to osteomyelitis; and one to remove a tumor that was growing within a diabetic ulcer.

Also, while I am here, my cardiologist prescribed an echocardiogram to determine the ejection fraction of my heart. It is now 40, which is up from 32 before my quadruple coronary artery bypass surgery in March 2022, followed by two reconstructive chest surgeries in May 2022. It should be at least 50, so my cardiologist may require the installation of a defibrillator to increase the output of my heart.

Also, I was finally diagnosed with COPD, not just asthma.

I was in the hospital about a month ago with muscle spasms and shortness of breath, but at that time, I was diagnosed with cellulitis in my right foot/ankle. During last month's visit, my cardiologist took the opportunity to run a battery of cardiac tests as a one-year anniversary of my open-heart surgery. At the time, he told me that all is well.

UPDATE: MY cardiologist was just here. He told me that my heart and lungs sound good. I won't need a defibrillator. That's only for an ejection fraction 35 and lower.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...