Wednesday, April 19, 2023

What's Going On Today?

April 19, 2022 - On this date in 1995, Timothy McVeigh killed 168 people in the bombing of the Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City. (He was pronounced guilty and executed on June 11, 2001.) From 1992 to 1996, I was a writer, editor, and researcher for an international weekly magazine about the financial and technical aspects of the chemical industry. Shortly after the bombing, the FBI came to our office in the Financial District of New York City because McVeigh had a subscription to our magazine. At that time, I was writing about heavy and agricultural chemicals, including the fertilizer ammonium nitrate, which was the explosive chemical that McVeigh used in his truck bomb. I was NOT questioned by the FBI. After all of these many years gone by, it is still disturbing to be tangentially (remotely?) linked to someone that evil. He most probably read what I wrote.

April 19, 2023

I love Amaretto, an Italian almond liqueur. Long ago, I used to drink Bocce Balls (Amaretto mixed with orange juice; no vodka). I also like those Italian Amaretto cookies. Sipping Amaretto straight is nice, too.

April 19, 2023

Being half Italian, I absolutely LOVE eating garlic. However, my religion (Gaudiya Vaishnavism) forbids me from eating it. I still eat it. TRIVIA: The country that consumes the most garlic is South Korea.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...