Thursday, June 1, 2023

Doctor's Appointment

June 1, 2023

11 a.m. appointment, infectious disease doctor, regarding cellulitis (infection) in my right foot/leg; two fractures in my right ankle (tibia and fibula); and six-week-long regimen of daily intravenous antibiotic administered through a PICC line in my upper left arm. My last day of infusions is June 4, 2023. Here is a photo of my PICC line apparatus that my home nurse took on May 18, 2023, after her weekly change of the dressing. The line is 49 centimeters (19 19/64 inches) long and winds through the veins in my chest and ends near my heart. I have done the six-week-long regimen many times before due to diabetic ulcers in both of my feet, once resulting in kidney failure (both kidneys) which required six weeks of dialysis (four straight hours, seven days per week). My kidneys recovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today Is ...

September 19, 2024, at home When I was a kid in the 1960s and 1970s, I enjoyed Snack Pack butterscotch pudding, as well as Snack Pack chocol...