Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Questionable Activities

June 20, 2023

Yes, I did these two questionable activities in the 1960s, when I was younger than 11 years old. This was in Babylon, Long Island, New York, where I lived from 1961 to 1972 (age 0 to age 11.) I moved with my parents to nearby West Islip during the summer of 1972.

1. "Skitching" with my friends: grabbing onto the bumper of a slow-moving car that was passing by and sliding down the snowy road on our feet, trying not to fall and definitely trying to avoid the car's exhaust pipe in our faces. We would let go and then slide several feet on our backs.

2. My friends and I used to run behind the "Fogman" in his "Fog Machine," a gray-and-pink truck he drove through our neighborhood spraying mosquito pesticide with white plumes of smoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...