Saturday, July 29, 2023

Lunch/Medical Update

Saturday, July 29, 2023, Delray Medical Center, Delray Beach, Florida: Lunch ... Although I didn't eat anything, but the pineapple. (not hungry) ... My physical therapist forced me to sit in a chair with extreme pain in my back due to a herniated disk, even though I was under the influence of powerful pain medication and an oral muscle relaxer. (I was recently told that my herniated disk, which just appeared while I was lying in bed, is too small for surgery and can only be pain-maintained with medication.) 

This after, I then wore a knee-lengthed, medical boot to support my right ankle that has a fractured Tibia and Fibula from two falls in April 2023. I also wore a short boot on my left foot. (At home, I normally wear medical boots on both of my feet due to lingering diabetic ulcers.)

I then returned to my hospital bed quickly after a session of sitting in a chair with profuse sweating.

I am anticipation a bone biopsy of my right Tibia due to fluid on Monday, July 31, 2023.

I am still receiving an intravenous antibiotic due to a blood infection. I am still receiving my regular insulin injections, and an oral steroid and a nebulizer-bronchodilator for my lungs. I decide in the evening whether or not to engage in using a ventilator for my sleep apnea, which I have addressed maybe 10 years ago with two sleep studies. I remain inhaling four liters of supplemental oxygen.

UPDATE: The hospital I usually go to (Boca Raton Regional Hospital) has much better food. Unfortunately, I needed to go to Delray Medical Center via ambulance, which is closer to my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...