Tuesday, July 25, 2023

New Roommate, New Test

Afternoon, July 25, 2023, Delray Medical Center, Delray Beach, Florida: I had yet another nebulizer treatment of my usual bronchodilator (Albuterol) that I use at home several times daily, but I am now out of the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) and put back into a regular room with a regular seemingly retro-stoner from a 1970s Frank Zappa album of a roommate who upon my entrance serenaded me with fairly well a cappella versions of pop songs from the 1960s and 1970s, specifically "California Dreamin'" by The Mamas & The Papas, and "Lucky Man" by Emerson, Lake, & Palmer (ELP). I then received a quick, rather painful medical test, where a doctor extracted blood from my right wrist using a syringe with a small, thin needle to test the levels of gases and other stuff in my bloodstream (oxygen, carbon dioxide, sodium bicarbonate, etc.). My roommate now wants everyone to know: "God save the King !!! God save the Queen !!!" He's a cool dude. He even has his retro-version of "Ruth Underwood" with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...