Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Uploaded YouTube Video

July 25, 2023, Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Delray Medical Center, Delray Beach, Florida

I uploaded a video of myself onto my YouTube channel:

Sleeping with a Ventilator: 2nd Night (July 25, 2023)

I am sleeping yet another straight night (just two nights in a row so far, the first starting July 23, 2023), with a bilevel positive airway pressure (BiPAP) ventilator attached to my face here in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Delray Medical Center, Delray Beach, Florida, on July 25, 2023. This time seems rather mellow compared to my first time last night, which seemed chaotic, surreal, and quite scary, as it was technically my first time doing this.

I have attempted using a CPAP machine at home many years ago, which was slightly different than what I am using tonight. I wasn't successful years ago because the timing and the intensity of the air blasts were not correct. More importantly, I had polyps growing within my nose and sinuses, which rendered the machine useless. I ultimately had surgery to remove all eight polyps removed from my nasal passages and all eight sinuses, plus I had all eight of my sinuses cleaned and expanded. I never returned to my CPAP machine. It's still in our storage locker. So, here I am, trying again, using a slightly different method.

I had planned on doing a little Star Wars Darth Vader dialogue, but I don't think it will be anywhere as nearly effective. I'll try it. Last night's panic with higher air intensity made it seem like a good idea at the time. Now the air flow just seems lame, and just makes me thirsty and my nose itch.

I'll try making a short video for scientific purposes. Thank you for indulging myself.

https://youtu.be/tCzGPrxjkUU

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...