Wednesday, August 9, 2023

"I Told You So."

August 9, 2023, around 1 a.m.: I am finally home from Boca Raton Regional Hospital after my dire quest for pain relief. I won't get into too many specifics, but I will say that it was a complete and utter painful failure, and it was one that I endured without my eyeglasses and without my shoes. It was an absolutely horrific series of events that involved sitting in the hospital's Emergency Room in a wheelchair screaming and crying with severe back pain for more than 90 minutes, and that was AFTER X-rays and a doctor's evaluation, telling me that there's nothing wrong with me: acutely, that is, not chronically. I was awaiting the proverbial taxi that never arrived, so I was ultimately transferred recklessly by stretcher by these two nice, but rotund black guys, one of which had the Theme from Sanford and Son as his ringtone. This "little" escapade will have my wife telling me, "I told you so," every other day for the next two or three millennia. It just nice to be home, even with my pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today Is ...

September 19, 2024, at home When I was a kid in the 1960s and 1970s, I enjoyed Snack Pack butterscotch pudding, as well as Snack Pack chocol...