Thursday, August 17, 2023

What's Doin' Today?

August 17, 2023: During my career (series of gigs) as a journalist from September 1982 to May 2017, I worked for two nonprofit associations.

In 1991, I was the Copy Editor of "RIMS," the official magazine of the Risk and Insurance Management Society, which is an international association for corporate insurance buyers. My office was in New York City.

From 2016 to 2017, I was the Associate Editor (reporter, writer, editor, photographer, photo editor) for "Shop!," the official magazine of Shop!, which is an international association for the manufacturers of components for retail store displays, including mannequins, lighting, shelving, flooring, architecture, etc. Part of my job was also to edit statistical analysis reports (white papers) and catalogs. While I was there, the association was transforming itself after a recent merger. In October 2015, the Association for Retail Environments (A.R.E.) merged with Point of Purchase Advertising International (POPAI). My office was in Hollywood, Florida.

August 17, 2023: During the 1979-1980 school year, I attended Northfield Mount Hermon School on two campuses in Northern Massachusetts. I entered the senior class as a PG (Post-Graduate student). I had already graduated from West Islip High School on Long Island, New York, in 1979, when I was 18 years old, so I actually have two high school diplomas.

Later, I would receive a bachelor's degree in communications with a minor in the French language from Villanova University (1984) and a master's degree in journalism from the University of Missouri (1988).




No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...