Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Happy Birthday Mr. Ferry

September 26, 2023, The Isles Nursing & Rehab Center, Boynton Beach, Florida: Happy 78th Birthday to one of my favorite singer/musicians ever: Bryan Ferry. He was the lead singer, keyboardist, and song writer for the (mostly) 1970s glam/pop/rock group Roxy Music. He also has many solo albums. I attended two of his solo concerts in 1988: in Philadelphia and in New York City.

My favorite Roxy Music song is "Take a Chance with Me" which has been my favorite all-time song since its release on 1982's "Avalon," Roxy Music's last studio album. NOTE: This is NOT the ABBA song with a similar title.

My favorite solo Ferry song is "Driving Me Wild" from his 2014 album "Avonmore." (Click the link below to watch the official music video.) Trivia: Ferry's son Tara plays drums on this song/in this video. Also, the short instrumental song that ends Roxy Music's "Avalon" album is titled "Tara."

Many thanks go to my cousin Scott for introducing me to Roxy Music's "Avalon," which I didn't like until my third listen.

NOTE: That is NOT Ferry in the photo below.

https://youtu.be/T7UB_0AiLNU?si=a4xz_5C8YxujKSTf

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...