Thursday, September 21, 2023

Pain Management

September 21, 2023, The Isles Nursing & Rehab Center, Boynton Beach, Florida:


My Pain Management Regimen (for my lower back pain and for pain at the surgical incision in my lower back; on September 2, 2023, I had surgery to remove/clean out an infection/abscess in a disk in my lower spine.)

1. Percocet: for pain (every four hours)
2. Lyrica: for nerve pain (three times per day)
3. Fentanyl Patch: for pain (The small patch was applied for the first time this early evening and lasts three days with each application.)
4. Aspirin: for pain, but more for loosening blood platelets in regard to my quadruple coronary artery bypass surgery last year (one per day)

1 & 3 are opioids.

Also, you can see in this photo that I am receiving this evening my twice-daily intravenous antibiotic for a blood infection; for a possible bone infection in one of two fractures in my right ankle; and, more recently, for an infected spinal disk in my lower back and an infection in the surrounding bone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...