Sunday, September 17, 2023

Today Is ...

September 17, 2023, The Isles Nursing & Rehab Center, Boynton Beach, Florida: A Monte Cristo is my favorite cooked sandwich. I have enjoyed them since the late 1960s, when my age was in single digits. It is made as a double or triple decker with ham, turkey, and Swiss cheese. The assembled sandwich is then dipped into an egg batter or custard and pan fried or deep fried until golden. It is then typically dusted with confectioner's (powdered) sugar. I like mine with grape jelly, although red raspberry jam is nice, too.

September 17, 2023, The Isles Nursing & Rehab Center, Boynton Beach, Florida: I have loved my wife since the day I met her in November 2000. I hereby thank her for her love for me and her patience with me, especially during the past few years regarding my horrific medical issues that continue to plague me.

September 17, 2023, The Isles Nursing & Rehab Center, Boynton Beach, Florida: I think that I like apple dumplings. I am not sure if I have ever eaten one. I hate raw apples, but I like apples in any other form, so I am sure that I would like them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...