Monday, October 16, 2023

Today Is ...

October 16, 2023: My absolute favorite liqueur is Campari when it's mixed with orange juice (my alcoholic drink of choice). My other favorite liqueurs are Anisette, Amaretto, and Frangelico. Back in the 1980s, I occasionally liked a splash of Sambuca, sometimes KahlĂșa, in my coffee. I liked Galliano during my Harvey Wallbanger phase; Triple Sec during my Kamikaze phase; and Baileys Irish Cream during my White Baron phase. I also like Austrian schnaps, especially Marille, Williams, Subirer, Obstler, and Kirsch, but that's a different category. One of my many Austrian cousin's wife's family owns and operates the famous Freihof Distillery in Lustenau, Austria, and yes, long ago, I was given a personal tour. (I know far too much about this subject for someone who barely ever drank and still doesn't drink alcoholic beverages. Hey, I guess I really DID indulge in my younger days.)


October 16, 2023: When I was a young kid in the early 1970s, one of my English teachers got angry with our entire class. As "punishment," he told us to open our dictionaries and start copying it into our notebooks. I asked him on which page to start. He said "Anywhere" and stormed out of the room. He returned about 10 minutes later, apologized to the class, and we were back to normal.

October 16, 2023: During my time as a journalist (1982-2017), after I moved to Florida in 1998, I was a hardware salesman at Sears; and a haberdasher (men's clothes and accessories) and a textiles salesman at Macy's. For about a couple of weeks at Macy's, I sold maternity clothes and kids' toys.

October 16, 2023: The only sport that I actively follow is Formula 1 auto racing.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Today Is ...

September 19, 2024, at home When I was a kid in the 1960s and 1970s, I enjoyed Snack Pack butterscotch pudding, as well as Snack Pack chocol...