Saturday, October 21, 2023

Today Is ...

October 21, 2023: The Isles Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, Boynton Beach, Florida (https://ibnrc.org/): When I was a kid sometime between 1972 to 1974 and sometime between the ages of 11 and 13, I had pet chameleons in a terrarium. At one point, they weren't eating their regular food (live mealworms) for weeks, so I caught a bunch of monarch butterflies and put them in with the chameleons. Nothing happened. My dad suggested that I give my chameleons to my dear friend Dave who lived several houses down the street, which I did. I think my dad just wanted them out of the house ... or maybe it was mom. I'll have to ask her. Months later, I found out from a book in a pet shop that chameleons sometimes go weeks without eating. LOL ... (In the comment section below is an online photo of the type of chameleon I had as pets. The reptile in the main photo is also considered to be a chameleon.)

October 21, 2023: The Isles Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, Boynton Beach, Florida (https://ibnrc.org/): I like Witch Hazel: the scented astringent and the Warner Bros. cartoon character. She's the green-skinned witch that Bugs Bunny encounters. For a short time, I splashed witch hazel on my face after shaving my face. It burned, but then softened. I soon switched to bay rum, which still burned and softened my face, but it smelled better. (You can see the cartoon character Witch Hazel in the comment section below.)

October 21, 2023: The Isles Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, Boynton Beach, Florida (https://ibnrc.org/): I am not a huge fan of cheesecake, but I will occasionally eat it. I do like my mom's famous pumpkin cake (chocolate chips and walnuts with a sugar glaze). I like pumpkin pie during the Christmas season, but as per a decades-old personal tradition, I never, EVER eat it on Thanksgiving Day. Any other day during the year is OK.

October 21, 2023: The Isles Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, Boynton Beach, Florida (https://ibnrc.org/): I like apples in every form except raw. I just don't like the texture of raw apples, nor the sound of the bite: that annoying "crunch."





No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...