Thursday, November 9, 2023

Soon To Be Home

Thursday, November 9, 2023: The Isles Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, Boynton Beach, Florida (https://ibnrc.org/)

I have given up.

I have engaged in occupational therapy and physical therapy five days per week for weeks while here at the rehab facility, and I have not become any stronger. This is mainly because I am in the midst of receiving daily intravenous antibiotic for about eleven straight weeks (two six-week-long daily regimens slightly overlapping).

This morning, I requested to return home because I am wasting my time here, as well as the time of my therapists and my nurses. I have been informed that I am scheduled to be discharged and return home on Friday, November 17, 2023, which is a day after my (second/final) antibiotic regimen concludes.

To be honest: The frustration, the stress, and the heartache has become so overwhelming and so all-encompassing that I decided that I have to leave the rehab facility as soon as possible. I wake up every morning with a feeling of dire dread, often with tears. My pain still lingers. I just can NOT do this any longer.

The date of my release seems practical. I just hope that I can survive until then.

(I am here following spinal surgeries on September 2, 2023, and October 6, 2023.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today Is ...

September 20, 2024, at home If I am feeling mainstream, I'll go for a pepperoni pizza. If not, then I'll go for my favorite pizza to...